- Thoroughly Shampoo and Detoxify extensions. Yes, the hair may have no smell and the seller may even claim that the hair has been thoroughly cleansed, but truth is alot of hair extensions have been processed with chemicals, have been touched by many hands and not properly cleansed due to mass manufacturing.
- Rinse thoroughly, rinse extensions until water runs clear.
- Repeat Shampoo with a very moisturizing or hydrating shampoo.
- Deep condition to soften and hydrate extensions. Comb straight hair with the conditioner in it and finger comb curly hair to maintain the desired curl pattern.
- Rinse thoroughly until water runs clear.
- Spray hair with Leave In Conditioner and add a dime sized amount of shine serum to look in shine and moisture while maintaining the extensions lightweight feel. Do not oversaturate extensions with product as this will cause pre mature shedding, product buildup possible breakouts on your face from the hair touching your face with product residue and risk of the hair matting from the strands sticking together.
- Gently towel blot / roll extensions preferably with a 100% cotton towel.
- Do not OVER MANIPULATE HAIR
- Do keep hair strands flowing in same direction away from the weft.
- Hang hair to air dry or if needed for immediate use, lay hair down and blow dry with a diffuser attachment keeping dryer at least 4 to 6 inches away from hair for best results.
I hope this helps to keep your extensions in Tip Top Condition.
Until Next time,
Peace, Love and Beautiful Vibes,